South Carolina measles outbreak at 876 cases
The measles outbreak in South Carolina has increased to 876 cases, the state’s Department of Public Health reported Feb. 3. Last week, the South Carolina outbreak surpassed last year’s outbreak in Texas, which had 762 cases. The agency said the number of public exposure sites indicates community spread is occurring, increasing the risk of exposure and infection for individuals who are not immune due to vaccination or natural infection. “Vaccination continues to be the best way to prevent measles and stop this outbreak,” the department said.
Related News Articles
Headline
The AHA will make a donation to the Indiana Hospital Association in support of hospital personnel impacted by the recent flooding in Indiana caused by severe…
Headline
President Trump signed an executive order Aug. 10 revamping the federal government’s recommended childhood vaccine schedule. The order divides immunizations…
Headline
The Food and Drug Administration Aug. 5 approved the first mRNA-based flu vaccine, called mFlusiva. The vaccine is manufactured by Moderna and was approved for…
Headline
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention yesterday announced that the ongoing cyclosporiasis outbreak linked to iceberg lettuce has expanded to 15 states…
Headline
Two individuals have died in Michigan in connection to the current multistate cyclosporiasis outbreak, the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services…
Headline
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention July 28 reported 18,207 confirmed or suspected cases of cyclosporiasis across the U.S. from the current outbreak…